Right now glass apothecary jars are extremely popular so I knew that I wanted to incorporate one into my daughter’s nursery design. Since I am going for a French Nest theme twine and burlap feel appropriate for decorative elements. I knew that I wanted to fill the jar with some sort of twine element so I decided to make some decorative burlap twine balls.
The entire process is so easy and cost effective that you could use these for all sorts of different decorative elements all over the house. I am even considering making some into Christmas ornaments.
All you need is some burlap, garden pins, twine, and some foam balls. You just simply wrap the burlap around the foam and pin it where you feel it needs it, there really is no rhyme or reason to it. Then at the end you wrap it loosely with twine!
For my daughter’s nursery I am doing a lot of DIY projects. I had an old lamp that I had bought at Target that was the perfect size for her room. The Nursery theme is a French Nest so in keeping with that theme I created a nice French themed burlap lamp shade. It was extremely cheap and easy to make and it brings some nice texture to the room.
I first began by spray painting the base of the lamp it was originally black and I spray painted it white. I theme took a dryer sheet and a wipey and cleaned the lamp shade to ensure that the glue would stick to it.
All you need is a hot glue gun, some burlap, ribbon, and if you would like to adorn the lamp shade with any ornamentation like little flowers or crystals.
I purchased this roll at Hobby Lobby while it was 50% off so I only paid five dollars for it ;0 The most important thing about applying it to the lamp shade that I found was that I had to pleat it in order for it to lay nicely. I purchased the burlap that has wire in it so that it was easier to make the pleats.
I would glue the burlap to the shade at the pleats so that it would hang nicely. Next I took a different color of burlap and I cut out some flower shapes and pinned them together just to give the lamp shade some character.
Here is the finished product, it took me about twenty minutes and I spent about $12.00